Thursday, March 28, 2013

3/29- Declaring God’s Glory- in the Cross- Good Friday- Galatians 6:14


3/29- Declaring God’s Glory- in the Cross- Good Friday- Galatians 6:14

May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. (Gal. 6:14)

Thoughts: We subtly boast of things that do not matter.  The world's status symbols do not last- cars, houses, beauty, money will not last.  It is sad to live our lives for things that fade, or to be envious, jealous or boastful about things that don't matter.  But on the other hand, the cross is like the golden key that opens the door to forgiveness of sins, removal of guilt, assurance of God's love, and eternal life.  We boast not in ourselves but in what God has done for us.  On this Good Friday- we are grateful for the goodness of the Lord who gave Himself for us.  

Prayer: Forbid it Lord that I should boast save in the death of Christ my God.  All the vain things that charm me most- I sacrifice them to His blood.  

(Bronzino- crucifixion of Christ 1545)

No comments:

Post a Comment