Wednesday, March 6, 2013

3/7- Declaring God’s Glory in Helping the Children Grow- Luke 2:52

3/7- Declaring God’s Glory in Helping the Children Grow- Luke 2:52

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men. (Luke 2:52) 

Thoughts: If we think about what we need to do to help children grow, perhaps we need to look at what scripture says about Jesus' growth.  Here it talks about Jesus' growing in four areas: mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially.  A thorough education should have all four elements involved.  To only emphasize three of the four makes a wobbly three legged stool.  Just as a three wheeled vehicle is not as stable and stead as a four wheeled vehicle, so we need all four.
When we grow in all four of these areas, we are growing in the areas that God has given us all.  

When we think about how we want our children to grow this applies.  But it also applies to adults.  All should seek to grow in all four areas.  When I think about how I want to grow at the beginning of each new year, I think of these four areas.  

Prayer: Lord, May I grow in every way.  May I be pleasing to you as a growing, fruitful vine.  May my life bear fruit as I seek to reproduce my growth in others.  







No comments:

Post a Comment