Sunday, August 3, 2014

8-4-14 Crucified with Christ

 20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!” (Galatians 2:20, 21)

Thoughts: These verses seem hard to understand, but they are profound and worth thinking about.  To be a follower of Christ means that we no longer live for ourselves- but for Christ.  It is as if our old self has died- our old selfish desires, selfish manipulations, selfish pursuits- and we live for a higher cause- the cause of love and God.  It is as if we are so new that Christ has possessed us.  There are terror movies about demons possessing us- but we forget that God can possess us too.  He can live in us and make us better people.  
The cross means forgiveness, and a way to make up for when we fail.  If we could all earn our way to God forgiveness and the cross mean little.  But we all need God's help, God's forgiveness, God's salvation and God's cross. 

Prayer: Help me, Lord to die to self and live in and through you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment