Monday, November 10, 2014

11/11/14- Philadelphia

To the angel in the church in Philadelphia write: These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. 8I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. 10Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.
11I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. (Revelation 3) 

Thoughts: The Son of God had nothing bad to say about this first city of brotherly love.  They were weak in number and financially poor, but they were faithful.  God has placed before them an opportunity.  An open door is a symbol of hope.  If we keep our faith, God will keep us.  His advice to them is to hold onto what they have- to keep the faith- semper fi.  

Prayer:  Help me to keep my faith and to be strong for you.  





No comments:

Post a Comment