Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The Witness of Boaz

10“The Lord bless you, my daughter,” he replied. “This kindness is greater than that which you showed earlier: You have not run after the younger men, whether rich or poor. 11And now, my daughter, don’t be afraid. I will do for you all you ask. All the people of my town know that you are a woman of noble character.12Although it is true that I am a guardian-redeemer of our family, there is another who is more closely related than I. 13Stay here for the night, and in the morning if he wants to do his duty as your guardian-redeemer, good; let him redeem you. But if he is not willing, as surely as the Lord lives I will do it. (Ruth 3) 

Thoughts: Boaz was the grandson of Rahab the Harlot.  He knew about second chances, grace, and reaching beyond the people of Israel to those who have faith.  Boaz was a great manager but also a keen observer of character.  Boaz saw and cared for Ruth.  He showed her kindness and grace.  His grace worked hand in hand with his wanting to do things right and in a way that pleased God.
     Would that we should extend grace to those who believe and seek to follow God's way with all their heart.  

Prayer: Lord, as you are kind to me, let me be kind and considerate of others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment