Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Witness of Ruth

16But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me. (Ruth 1:16-17) 

Thoughts: Ruth was faithful to her mother-in-law even though she had no hopes of getting any help from her.  Ruth was determined to follow God, and not give up through any cultural pressure or a desire to do what is easy.  Her faithfulness to Naomi, her mother-in-law, paid off in that Boaz married her.  She became the great grandmother of David.
    In our faithless age- where we value self and getting things for ourselves more than helping others- Ruth witnesses to us.  In a faithless age, faithfulness stands out and makes us want to do better.  


Prayer: Lord, help me to be faithful to you and never leave you nor forsake you.  Help me to be a loyal person to those around me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment