Saturday, December 3, 2016

Do You Hear What I Hear 12-4-16


12/3- Ezekiel 2:5-8- “You must speak…and whether they listen or fail to listen…”
So much of Advent and Christmas is telling in hope that others would listen.  So the prophets foretold the birth in Bethlehem of the line of David.  So the angels sent the good news.  So the shepherds spread the good news. Even the wise men told that a king was born.  More people are listening to see if there is any hope out there today.  Is there any word of hope?  The hope of the world is found in the Savior of the World.  Our job is not to make anyone listen, but to put the word out there so that others can hear if they’d like to hear.  Invite a friend to worship on Christmas Eve or even Christmas Day.  Or invite them to join with us caroling on December 11. 

Prayer: Father, let me hear the hope of the Christmas message and respond with hope in my heart. 

"Do You Hear What I Hear"  By Third Day

12/4- Isaiah 28:23 Listen and hear my voice; pay attention and hear what I say. ... Give ear,
and hear my voice; give attention, and hear my speech. ...

Thoughts: Love that Christmas song: “Do You Hear What I Hear?”  One verse goes, “Said the little lamb to the shepherd boy, "Do you hear what I hear? Ringing through the sky, shepherd boy,
Do you hear what I hear? A song, a song high above the trees With a voice as big as the sea,
With a voice as big as the sea."  There is a song.  In our day most songs are played through ear phones so everyone can hear whatever they’d like to hear.  Such things may keep the peace in the car or the house, but it takes away from communication and love.  There are some songs worthy of being heard by all.  The song of Jesus is one.  We are called to give ear, to listen, pay attention, to heed the song of Jesus.  It is the song of hope, the song of love.  It is the song that says there is a reason to live and love.  Take the ear phones out- the ear plugs out- and listen together. 


Prayer: Lord help me to hear your voice.  Give me grace to pay attention to your Spirit speaking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment