Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Humbling to Listen in Advent

12/7- 2 Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven.

Thoughts: This verse is used much in some circles but it is a great verse for all believers to know.  We want God to hear us.  To do that we must humble ourselves first- for humility allows us to stop talking and start listening.  The second step is to pray- call out to Him for help and grace.  Prayer also can involve listening in that any real communication must look for an answer from the other party.  Seeking His face- means seeking His presence.  This means worship.  If you want God to hear you and you want to hear Him- then worship.  The last step maybe the hardest- turn from wickedness.  The scriptures say in several other places that if we cherish sin in our hearts the Lord will not hear us (Ps. 66:18).  If we love God we want to please Him and listen to His will for us.  This means letting go of the things that irritate or upset Him.  God hears and also speaks.  God communicates but we must humble ourselves, pray and seek Him, and turn away from evil and toward Him.  
Prayer: Lord, often I have failed to turn to you and to seek you with my whole heart.  Help me to come back to you fully. 2/7- 2 Chronicles 7:14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven.
Thoughts: This verse is used much in some circles but it is a great verse for all believers to know.  We want God to hear us.  To do that we must humble ourselves first- for humility allows us to stop talking and start listening.  The second step is to pray- call out to Him for help and grace.  Prayer also can involve listening in that any real communication must look for an answer from the other party.  Seeking His face- means seeking His presence.  This means worship.  If you want God to hear you and you want to hear Him- then worship.  The last step maybe the hardest- turn from wickedness.  The scriptures say in several other places that if we cherish sin in our hearts the Lord will not hear us (Ps. 66:18).  If we love God we want to please Him and listen to His will for us.  This means letting go of the things that irritate or upset Him.  God hears and also speaks.  God communicates but we must humble ourselves, pray and seek Him, and turn away from evil and toward Him.  


Prayer: Lord, often I have failed to turn to you and to seek you with my whole heart.  Help me to come back to you fully.  

No comments:

Post a Comment