Friday, November 17, 2017

Jesus Had Plans for the Passover

17On the first day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Where do you want us to make preparations for you to eat the Passover?”
18He replied, “Go into the city to a certain man and tell him, ‘The Teacher says: My appointed time is near. I am going to celebrate the Passover with my disciples at your house.’ ” 19So the disciples did as Jesus had directed them and prepared the Passover.
20When evening came, Jesus was reclining at the table with the Twelve. 21And while they were eating, he said, “Truly I tell you, one of you will betray me.”
22They were very sad and began to say to him one after the other, “Surely you don’t mean me, Lord?”
23Jesus replied, “The one who has dipped his hand into the bowl with me will betray me. 24The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.”
25Then Judas, the one who would betray him, said, “Surely you don’t mean me, Rabbi?”
Jesus answered, “You have said so.” (Matthew 26:17-25)

Thoughts: Jesus had plans.  He had plans for the Passover, turning it into the Last Supper, and woven in there were plans for a betrayer to betray Him.  We make our plans not knowing what is around the corner.  Some of us aren't good at planning at all.  God knows the future, and knows the plans He has for Himself and everyone.  He knew Judas would betray Him.  Judas did not believe Jesus was God- he could not put his faith in Him.  Judas thought his evil was done in secret.  His secret plans and his secret betrayal were not secret to Jesus.  We too, think we can hide things from Christ.  But He sees us clearer than Google satellite sees our house.  He knows us by name.  He sees the time we deny Him or even betray His cause and love.  Yet Jesus, who invited Judas to the Supper knowing full well what he would do, also invites us to worship and to the Supper. Let us come, but let us repent from our denial or betrayal.  Let us instead follow and love Him. 

Prayer: Lord, you know me.  Forgive me, and help me to turn my life around.  

No comments:

Post a Comment