Wednesday, November 20, 2013

11-21-13- Thanks for Saving Us From Ourselves

32 David said to Abigail, “Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, who has sent you today to meet me. 33 May you be blessed for your good judgment and for keeping me from bloodshed this day and from avenging myself with my own hands. 34 Otherwise, as surely as the Lord, the God of Israel, lives, who has kept me from harming you, if you had not come quickly to meet me, not one male belonging to Nabal would have been left alive by daybreak.” (1 Samuel 25:32-34) 

Thoughts: Sometimes thanksgiving should be given for what we didn't do.  If you were spared from messing up- doing something wrong- then thanks be to God.   Abigail tried to make up for her husband's stinginess in not giving David's men provision even though they had saved her husband much money by guarding his flock. David watched over Nabal's flock like God watches over us- guarding us and protecting us.  Abigail's husband, Nabal, was not even aware what kind of danger he was in.  Abigail saved her husband from danger and saved David from exacting revenge.   Sometimes God saves us from ourselves by another person's kindness.  When that happens, let us not forget to give thanks to the One who watches over us.  

Prayer: Thank you Lord, for the many times and the many ways you save me from myself.  Your love often goes unseen because of my own blindness.  But thank you for your great care and protection.  




No comments:

Post a Comment