Friday, February 14, 2014

2/15/14- Father and Son

 44“No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day. 45It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me. 46No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life. (John 6:44-47)

Thoughts: Jesus is speaking of His intimate relationship with God the Father.  No one can come to Jesus unless the Father draws them.  The Father sent Jesus to us, and sends us to Jesus.  He is the matchmaker- the one who draws us to Christ.  He is the Match.com or Christianmingle.com guy who brings the bride (the Church) to the bridegroom (Jesus).  We cannot come on our own.  The invitation comes to us in various ways- but it comes.  Jesus goes on to say if we know the Father's will, we will understand the Son.  The Son alone knows the Father intimately, and can reveal Him to us. Therefore we should trust Him. In human relationships too- if you know the son, you have an inside road to know the father and vice versa.  

Prayer:  Lord, let me understand your love and your relationship..  Help me to trust in you, Lord, that I might see the Father. 


(ChristianMingle logo- The Father arranges our getting close to the Son).  


No comments:

Post a Comment