Thursday, February 27, 2014

2/28/14- Light of the World

12When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” (John 8:12)

Thoughts: Jesus said he is the light of the world.  He says it later that "While I am in the world, I am the light of the world" (9:5).  While Jesus walked on this earth He did great and amazing things.  He was making a difference healing and helping.  Jesus changes the world from hopelessness to hope; from indifference to love; from skeptical criticism to faith; from legalism to gracious-law-keeping. As light allows us to see our way- Jesus is a guide.  As light warms us and keeps us from freezing- Jesus is our life.  As light gives us hope at the end of the tunnel- Jesus is our hope.  As light brings understanding and enlightenment- Jesus is our wisdom.  As light brings truth- Jesus is our truth.  He is the way, the truth, the life- our Light.

Prayer: Light of the world, shine on me.  Let me reflect your light in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment