Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Christ i not Divided

13Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14I thank God that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15so no one can say that you were baptized in my name. 16(Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t remember if I baptized anyone else.) 17For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power. (1 Corinthians 1)

Thoughts: There is one Lord, one faith, on baptism (Eph. 4:5).  We are baptized into one name, and we should not divide that name.  All those who go to heaven will be one, and instead of trying to divide them now, we should be trying to unite people under the banner of the love of Christ. There is one cross- the cross of Christ that unites us in focus, love, and mission.  Christ is not divided, and the implication is that we should stop making artificial label barriers between us.  
There are no denominations in heaven.  There is no finger pointing, cliques, or party spirit in heaven.  We will all be one in Christ in heaven, and we should be one here.

Prayer:  Lord, it is easy to be divisive and hard to love others. Help me to follow in your way of love and unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment