Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Not Mere Human Beings

 For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans? 4For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings?
 (1 Corinthians 3) 

Thoughts: Paul said when we get jealous we are "mere human beings."  We are called to be god-like, godly.   We are not called to act like regular people- like everyone else.  We are not called to take a poll to see what everyone else should do and then go that way.  That will only get us as far as mere human beings.  We are called by God to not be like animals and not even be like every other human being.  Regular people are taught to watch out for themselves, to care for number one because no one else will.  Regular people stay focused on their own needs and therefore jealousy and quarreling are sure to follow.  We are called to be more.  We are not called to be average or regular.  We are called to be god-like.  

Prayer: Lord, keep me from being mundane, bored and ordinary.  Let your grace call me above for your honor.

Mt. Olympus- God calls us up- beyond ourselves- beyond the flat average of life-
Beyond being merely human.
I will lift up my eyes to the mountains- where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord who made the heavens and the earth. Ps. 121

No comments:

Post a Comment