Friday, April 15, 2016

Not with Wisdom

1And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God.a 2For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. 3I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. 4My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, 5so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power. (1 Corinthians 2:1-5)

Thoughts: Paul did not depend on himself.  He depended on God.  He came to Corinth in weakness,  Paul wanted to focus on God's power and strength.  The power of God is found in the sacrifice of God.  It is so ironic that it goes against all human wisdom.  The most powerful receded His power and even put His Son in the hands of evil people.
So today, we are not called to depend on our own abilities, but on God.  God gives us our ability and faith does not walk by wisdom or sight.  

Prayer: Lord, let me walk by faith and not by sight.  Let me listen to your wisdom instead of my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment