Monday, June 27, 2016

Love is the Greatest

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. (1 Corinthians 13:13) 

Thoughts: There was a movie called "The Giver" that talked of a society built "after The Ruin."  It was a walled in society where people took drugs to control their emotions and obey their leaders.  There was safety and peace- no war.  But also no emotion, no religion, no creativity, no hope and no freedom.  In the end, what triumphs the need for peace and safety is love.  Once love was understood and sought, freedom, creativity, faith and hope came.  The show ends with a Christmas Carol, "Silent Night."  There is a heavenly peace that comes when there is real love.  Love is worth the risk.  It is worth the sacrifice.  It is worth the pain of loneliness when it is taken away.  Love is the greatest gift, the greatest of faith and hope.  God is love.  He teaches us that all else is fickle and false.  His love is worth everything.  

Prayer: Lord, let your great love flow into me, through me, and out of me to others.  Give me strength to love you with my heart, soul, mind, and strength and to love my neighbor as myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment