Tuesday, June 7, 2016

n example after Christ's example

1Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ. (1 Corinthians 11:1)

Thoughts: God puts godly people in our lives who touch us somehow- by tole model, by words, by even Youtube and internet so that we may follow in their footsteps.  The good things about technology is that it can bring far away examples immediately close to us.  So I can listen to John Piper or Tim Keller preach.  But there is no substitute for a mentor who can interact with you.
   Paul is saying for the Corinthians to follow him as he follows Christ.  This is an admission that he doesn't want them to follow when he doesn't follow Christ.  But it is also a compelling call to follow in his footsteps as he walks in the footsteps of Christ. 


Prayer: Lord, put people in my life that I may follow.  Give such people an undivided heart that they may walk with an issue/   

No comments:

Post a Comment