Thursday, October 20, 2016

Ears to Hear




7Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God. (Rev. 2;11)

Whoever has ears, let them hear. (Matthew 11:15; 13:19; 13:43) 

THOUGHTS: Does God speak?  Does the Spirit speak?  People of faith can see things others can't and hear things others cannot.  For example, people of faith see a purpose- a design; hear a calling- a Word of direction and hope.  The enemies of Jesus' day- the Pharisees, Saducees, Herodians and Romans heard Jesus' words- but did not accept them as truth.  The words were valid but they could not listen for their hearts were hard.
      I was watching a football game on TV.  It was a close call.  The announcer said, "It seems to me it was a catch in bounds- and one group of fans will agree with me wholeheartedly. But the other team's fans will argue that it was clearly and without doubt the other way."  As my mother told my aging father who complained of deafness, "You hear what you want to hear."  Our will and our heart help our ears to hear.  God's Spirit awakens us to hear.  If we allow ourselves to wake up and listen we will hear the beautiful music of God- speaking to our hearts; His Word penetrating to our core. 


Prayer: Lord, give me ears to hear- so that I may hear what you have to say to me. 

RCA symbol: "Listening for His Master's Voice" 



No comments:

Post a Comment