Thursday, October 6, 2016

Receiving Grace to Give Grace

1As God’s co-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain. 2For he says,
“In the time of my favor I heard you,
and in the day of salvation I helped you.”a
I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation. (2 Corinthians 6:1)

Thoughts: God sends the opportunity to respond to His grace and favor.  When He does, we must respond.  If we are hearing this, then we need to say, "Yes!" to God.  It would be receiving God's grace in vain to say no to God- or turn from Him in apathy.  But when we have received it, we should seek to bear fruit for God.  As Paul says, we should seek to be God's co-workers in the great work of spreading the good news to others. 

Prayer: Lord, le tme respond to you- personally, and then be a blessing to others with the grace I have received.  

No comments:

Post a Comment