Thursday, July 30, 2015

There is Healing

26And He said, "If you will give earnest heed to the voice of the LORD your God, and do what is right in His sight, and give ear to His commandments, and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have put on the Egyptians; for I, the LORD, am your healer."  (Exodus 15:26)

Thoughts: It is possible to be healed.  If the surgery will only make it worse, most doctors will not perform it.  But if there is a possibility- it would be worth doing.  There is healing with God.  It is primarily a healing of the soul.  If there is only a possibility that God can give you peace, hope, love, forgiveness, an abundant and eternal life- will you not try it?  Will you insist in not going to the Great Physician?
     This passage gives two important parts of healing.  He is the great preventer of illness.  He says, "I will put none of these diseases on you which I put on the Egyptians."  God protects us from germs, viruses, evil, hurt, and harm that we cannot see and cannot understand.
     God also is the great healer.  When there is no hope, there is hope.  Once I remember when my mother's twin sister died of a long illness my pastor visited and talked with my mother.  My mother wondered why God didn't heal her sister in answer to her prayers.  My pastor reminded her- now she is healed- more and better than any earthly healing.  God is not a magic lamp that has to heal with each wish.  But God does heal- and is able to do so.  The Maker of our bodies knows what is best for them and also how to make them well.  If you believe there is a God who heals- then you will come to the healer.  Forget not all His benefits- He heals all our diseases and removes our sins as far as the east is from the west.  (Ps. 103).  


Prayer: Lord, let me not forget you are the healer.  Let me not forget your great  benefits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment