Sunday, September 25, 2016

Care of What Others Think

12We are not trying to commend ourselves to you again, but are giving you an opportunity to take pride in us, so that you can answer those who take pride in what is seen rather than in what is in the heart. 13If we are “out of our mind,” as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.  (2 Corinthians 5:12-13)

Thoughts: Paul didn't care what people thought of him.  Once General Booth, the founder of the Salvation army, toward Rudyard Kipling, "If I thought I could win one more person by standing on my head and banging a tamborine with my feet, I would learn to do it."   Often the people who are excited about life are seen as unusual or crazy.  The ones who are apathetic about life are the norm.  But Paul had a reason to live  We too, should not care what people think but seek to please God.  When we care to be popular to a misguided, temporary and dying world, we are allowing ourselves to be sucked into their whirlpool of nothingness.  But if we follow God- amazing things happen, 

Prayer: Lord, help me to live my life for you and for no one else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment