Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The Darkness Is Not Dark to God

7Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
12even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you. (Psalm 139:7-12)

Thoughts: What does Psalm 139 say about the eclipse- nothing but then everything.  It does not mention an eclipse per se, but it does mention God's reaction to light and darkness.  We are limited in what we see.  He is unlimited.  We are limited to see in the light- or with some light producing goggles (that use infrared or other light).  God was before light and sees beyond it.  The darkness does not hold secrets from God who rules over light and darkness.
    We need special dark glasses to see the sun, and we need night goggles to see in the dark.  As dogs are blind to certain colors so we are blind to some things- the angels, the souls of others and God Himself.  But God sees all.  As blind people trust in their cane or a friend's hand, so we should trust in our God who sees all things.  

Prayer: Lord, may your hand guide me, hold me fast, and help me to get through the darkness of life into your light.


No comments:

Post a Comment