Wednesday, March 27, 2013

3/28- Declaring God’s Glory Proclaiming Service and Love- Maundy Thursday- John 13:32-37


3/28- Declaring God’s Glory Proclaiming Service and Love- Maundy Thursday- John 13:32-37

32 If God is glorified in Him, God will also glorify Him in Himself, and glorify Him immediately. 33 Little children, I shall be with you a little while longer. You will seek Me; and as I said to the Jews, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come,’ so now I say to you. 34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. 35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”
36 Simon Peter said to Him, “Lord, where are You going?”
Jesus answered him, “Where I am going you cannot follow Me now, but you shall follow Me afterward.”
37 Peter said to Him, “Lord, why can I not follow You now? I will lay down my life for Your sake.”

Thoughts: When we serve others, we are serving and glorifying God.  Maundy Thursday is a day in which we remember the mandate to serve and love.  Jesus washed the disciple's feet, and told them that they should serve one another.  Then He gave a "new commandment" to love one another.  The newness is not to love, but to love as Christ loves us.  When we go out of our way to serve and love it makes us stand out from the usual, and encourages others to see that Christ makes a difference. 

Prayer: Lord give me eyes to see how I may serve and love others. 



No comments:

Post a Comment