Friday, March 21, 2014

3-22-14 No Worries Mate

1“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in Goda ; believe also in me. 2My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4You know the way to the place where I am going.” (John 14:1-4)

Thoughts: In Australia they often say, "No worries mate."  So Jesus, right before the worst time of all, tried to encourage His disciples to not be troubled.  The way we get over our fears, worries, and troubles is to have faith, hope, and love.  So Christ tells them to believe and trust that He is going to die for their good and is going to get things ready for them.  I like the King James Version which says that "in my Father's House there are many mansions."  It could be defied as mansions or very big rooms.  The point is that there is a wonderful spot and space designed for us.   He also promises to come back and not leave us alone.  He also reminded them to stay in His way, His path.  So there is hope and peace when we walk in Jesus' way and not our own way.  

Prayer: Lord, in this life, it is so easy to worry.  When dark days come, and it seems you have left us.  Help me to believe and trust in you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment