Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Listening and Moving According to the Spirit

12Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me, 13I still had no peace of mind, because I did not find my brother Titus there. So I said goodbye to them and went on to Macedonia. (2 Corinthians 2:12-13)

Thoughts: There are some subtle truths we see in this passage that indicates Paul's great trust and faith.  He sees an opportunity to preach and bear fruit in Troas (the ancient site of Troy).  The truth that could apply to us is that God provides a way- opening doors of opportunity for us.  It is also important to note that Paul was looking for an opportunity and had placed himself in a position to do something.  Paul went forward and God blessed his effort by making a way.  Paul was still trying to listen to the Spirit about where he should go.  Sometimes we can be overly dependent on our plans and are not willing to be flexible and adapt to where God is leading us.  

Prayer: Lord, help me to see the doors you open for me.  Give me grace to have a listening ear to your Spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment