Sunday, August 21, 2016

Youth Group

How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
By living according to your word.
10I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands. (Psalm 119:9,10)

Thougths: Tonight youth group began.  Now youth group is not sports  It is not scouting.  It is not dance or cheer.  It is specifically designed to feed our soul, and to make the inside last a lot longer than the outside.  I have seen many a young person lost their soul.  There was a time just a few years ago where the coaches of sports would make allowances for people to go to church on Sunday nights. Now there are travelling teams that pretend to be professional, and try to elevate some over others.  Today young people need each other.  We need good role models like youth advisors.  We need other youth who will encourage us to stay on the right path- teaching us the example of living according to the word of the Lord. 

Prayer: Lord, help me seek fellowship because I need it.  Help me seek others because I need them.  Let me seek you because I am who I am supposed to be when I am with you.  You are my true joy and hope. 


No comments:

Post a Comment