Sunday, August 14, 2016

Those Who Honor Me I Will Honor

1 Samuel 2:30- "Those who honor me, I will honor."

Thoughts: Eric Liddell was running in the 1924 Paris Olympics, but he withdrew from the 100 meter race because it was run on a Sunday, which went against his conscience. We have come so far from this, that it is hard for us to imagine someone who would rather keep one of the Ten Commandments than win a gold medal in the Olympics.  Liddell went on to run the 400 meter race, a race he had not really trained for- and he did it in world record time.  Someone handed his this verse before the race as a means of encouragement.  Liddell said (quoted from the 1981 movie "Chariots of Fire"), "When I run I feel His pleasure."
    Liddell went on to be a presbyterian missionary to China.  When the Japanese caught him during World War 2, Liddell was well known as a servant and preacher in the prison camp.  Today, we still remember him.  God honors him for honoring God.

Prayer: Lord, help me to honor you above all others and above all else.


No comments:

Post a Comment