Friday, August 5, 2016

Run the Race to Win Others

22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. (1 Corinthians 9)

Thoughts: Paul wants us to live our life with a purpose.  He was willing to do anything to share his faith with others.  He would go down to their level (becoming weak) or go up to their level (becoming strong) in order to relate the hope he had in Christ.
       As I watch the Olympic opening ceremonies, so many have given their all to be there.  They forsake a normal life in order to win for their country and for their families and themselves   It is worth any sacrifice.  Christian faith without sacrifice is not much- for Christ shows us how to sacrifice and we follow Him.
        In the opening ceremonies- Brazil has sacrificed much to host the games.  Much money has been spent on the stadiums and venues.  The dancers have practiced, the choreographers and stage designers have done unbelievable work to make it look spectacular.   The commercials even show hard work and thoughtfulness.  How much more can we, who have the perspective of eternity.  We who are aware that this life fades but our prize does not- should not shrink back but do our very best to honor God. 

Prayer: Lord, help me to do my best in the best possible way to honor God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment