Thursday, October 4, 2012

Remaining in God- Prayer and the Word


Passage for the day: (Jn. 15:7) "If you remain in me and my Word remains in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you."

If you can, look at the EXCELLENT devotional video today (day 4) from Dr. John Ortberg, PCUSA pastor: http://40daysintheword.com/blogs/habits/day-4/

"The goal of prayer is to say every word in joyous consciousness of God's presence." "Prayer is talking with God about what He and I are doing together." "Scripture is the best place to immerse myself in the Word of God."

Memory verse: Col. 3:16- "Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly."
Ortberg says, "Some say, 'If prayer really works, it should work all the time.'  But if you stop and think about it, God would be very foolish to give someone the power to have every prayer they ever offered answered.  Because if I had that guarantee, I might pray, 'Lord smite my enemies.'  Then the freeways would be very dangerous...like giving a loaded shotgun to a six year old." Here God is really talking about a way of life."   

No comments:

Post a Comment