Friday, August 16, 2013

8/17/13- Confidence in God and God's Ability to Use Us

The king said to me, “What is it you want?”
Then I prayed to the God of heaven, and I answered the king, “If it pleases the king and if your servant has found favor in his sight, let him send me to the city in Judah where my ancestors are buried so that I can rebuild it.”
(Nehemiah 2:4-5)

Thoughts: The cupbearer- who was not a builder- believed he could build up the city of Jerusalem and thus the church of God.  Confidence is one of the first steps to success.  Confidence is faith that you can do something.  For believers that confidence is not just in our own God-given abilities- but also in the God who gives them.  For God not only gives us all we need to fulfill the calling He gives us, He also goes with us into that call.  Nehemiah knew that he may not know what it takes to build, but the Great Architect and Builder was with him to see him through.  

Prayer: Lord give me confidence without pride.  Give me humble confidence in you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment